What does your family do to prepare for the upcoming school year? Share your strategies by commenting below. My family's ideas:
1. Provide the teacher(s) a list of five or ten things you want them to know about your child outside of their IEP or 504 Plan.
2. Ask your child if they would like to write their own list for their teacher(s). Your child can dictate their ideas to you, write their own, draw pictures, or make a video.
3. Attend the school's Meet and Greet event. If there is not a Meet and Greet or your family is unable to attend, make arrangements prior to the first day of school for your child to meet the teacher(s).
4. Practice waking up, getting out the door, and going to sleep on time a week or two prior to the start of the new school year.
5. Remind your child not to be afraid to advocate for themselves by asking questions and having directions repeated when needed.
What is on your family's Top 5 List?